A federal firearms license is issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Whether you intend to own a firearm, wish to manufacture firearms, ammunition or explosives or simply want to collect a few relics or unique firearms, everyone would require a federal firearms license to be able to do so, legally. Laws vary between states and the exact statutes and requisites would depend on the state laws. However, there are some general prerequisites that are applicable if you were to apply for a federal firearms license http://nmt-inc.com/federalfirearmslicense/ in the United States.
* The qualifying age to obtain a FFL is 21 years. This rule is adhered to across the country.
* Permanent US citizenship is mandatory for anyone opting for a FF License. In case, you had given up your US citizenship temporarily or have had some problems associated with it then that may come in the way of applying for a federal firearms license.
* Illegal immigrants or refugees are not entitled to apply for a FFL. Only legal citizens of the US can apply for a FF License.
* You must apply for a federal firearms license at your state offices of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives hence it is mandatory that you are a resident of the state where you are applying at. Should you be looking at other states where you intend to move to or start up a new business then you must already have a registered business address in the state to be eligible to apply for an FFL!
* Ideally, there should be no criminal record against you. However, some states require you to have no criminal convictions of any offense leading to more than a year of imprisonment.
* One should not have any history with firearms, using, owning, selling or dealing with any FFL.
* You must not have any medical history of psychological or mental disorders and should not have been in any mental asylum or institution of sorts.
* There should be no history or present records of drug addiction, use of controlled substances or substance abuse. Procuring controlled substances for genuine purposes in a legal manner is however accepted.
* The applicant of FF License must not have any history of domestic violence, sexual abuse or any case of harassment of family members, partners or children.
There may be some other prerequisites for a federal firearms license depending on the state you reside in.